Location: Assosa, Ethiopia
Start Date Dec 2017 - Feb 2018 (flexible)
Length of Placement: 9 Months
Language Requirements: English
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only.
The Volunteer’s Role: To strengthen the capacity of Benishangul-Gumuz Regional Health Bureau's public relationships as well as the dissemination of the Bureau's objectives and outcomes and to improve its effectiveness in providing quality health services. Through gap analysis & capacity building, the volunteer will work with the health bureau members and different departments of the bureau and provide support to the health workers (training, mentoring, capacity building activities) to deliver relevant and engaging health services, improving client satisfaction and helping increase the bureau's service delivery.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Design a campaign and digital communications strategy for the Health Bureau
- Train staff to continue monitoring and promoting program implementation activities through different media
- Provide support regarding the development of communication guides, materials & tools to be used by staff of the Bureau
- Assist in the development of proposals and presentations that communicate the mission and vision of the organization
- Support Bureau staff & health workers (training, mentoring, capacity building activities) in delivering relevant and engaging health services, improving client satisfaction and helping increase the bureau's service delivery.
Essential Academic Qualifications: Degree in relevant area (communications, media, Journalism, publishing or marketing, graphic design).
Essential Professional Background:
- At least 3 years experience in communications
- Training and mentoring experience Support Package
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer (Return flight, emergency medical insurance, vaccinations)
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Cuso International assessment day (Candidates must cover the first $200 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and all accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation