1.0 FTE Continuing full-time Elementary French Immersion teaching position, beginning immediately, with the exact assignment to be determined by the Principal.
- Fluent in both French and English languages.
- Training and experience working with grade level students.
- Experience with adapting materials, resources, assessments and learning outcomes for student needs.
- Valid BC Teaching Certificate and familiarity with BC Curriculum.
- Teaching category five or higher.
- A commitment to supporting a variety of learning needs.
- Experience/training in supporting the social emotional learning needs of students.
- Committed to establishing and maintaining positive relationships with students, staff and parents.
- Committed to working as a member of a school team in support of students.
- Training or experience with Play is the Way.
The district has a high percentage of First Nations and other multicultural students and so being sensitive to cultural diversities would be an asset.
Interested applicants should go to our district website at http://www.sd58.bc.ca which provides guidance on how to apply for teaching jobs in our district. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Teachers interested in further information regarding this position should contact the Principal, Mr. René Aubin at 250-378-2230 or email: email@example.com