School District #83 is presently seeking a
Late French Immersion Teacher Grade 7 Core
For a 1.0FTE temporary assignment effective September 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018.
• Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Education;
• valid BC teaching certificate and current membership in the Teacher Regulation Branch.
Teachers applying for this position must possess the following attributes:
• fully bilingual in French and English;
• demonstrated ability of language instruction in a Grade 7 immersion environment;
• demonstrated successful teaching experience with middle school aged students;
• knowledge of current instructional practices and the renewed curriculum;
• well-versed in and ability to integrate francophone culture in classroom activities;
• ability to comfortably work with and respond to a very involved parent community;
• ability to encourage the use of the French language as the mode of communication in the classroom and to integrate the language into real life situations;
• demonstrated ability to use a variety of current instructional strategies and assessment methods;
• excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a member of a grade level team, French Immersion team and the entire Shuswap Middle School team;
• understanding of middle school philosophy and adolescent development;
• understanding of restitution practices;
• commitment to involving parents in the learning of their children.
Shuswap Middle School is a welcoming, safe community that supports learning for all.
Letters of application with resume, supporting documentation and three professional references should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions regarding this position may be directed to Wendy Woodhurst, Principal of Shuswap Middle School at email@example.com
SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 83 – AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.