SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 20 (KOOTENAY-COLUMBIA)
for the 2017-2018 School Year
Posting Date: August 14, 2017
COMPETITION #17-T-118 – REVISED (new closing date for posting)
ROSSLAND SUMMIT SCHOOL
1.0 FTE – Late French Immersion Grade 6 teacher
TEMPORARY: September 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018
• BC Certification
• Bachelor of Education (Elementary) or equivalent
• Undergraduate degree with a major in French or teaching specialization in French Immersion preferred
• Demonstrated current knowledge of the renewed curriculum, including the learning and core competencies and appropriate resources is essential
• Fluently bilingual. Demonstrated fluency in both English and French in both the receptive and expressive modes, oral and written;
• Willingness to be demonstrably supportive of immersion education;
• Demonstrated knowledge of second language methodology
• Previous successful experience teaching Late French Immersion at the intermediate level is preferred
• Demonstrated ability to use a variety of instructional and assessment strategies
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and classroom management skills
Note: Candidates may be asked to complete an oral or written French language screening to determine levels of language proficiency.
For further information please contact Mr. Patrick Kinghorn, Principal, at (250) 362-7388.
Applications should be sent to Mrs. Marcy VanKoughnett, Asst. Superintendent, School District No. 20 (Kootenay-Columbia) 2001 Third Ave, Trail, BC V1R 1R6 by 12:00 (Noon), Thursday, August 24, 2017.
Please note we only accept online applications. Please apply online through www.makeafuture.ca
Applicants agree to confidential reference checks, including all previous employers.
We appreciate your interest but regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.