School District No. 52 (Prince Rupert) is located within traditional Ts’msyen Territory on the beautiful north coast of B.C. and services the small communities of Hartley Bay and Port Edward in addition to the City of Prince Rupert. Currently we have one secondary school, one middle school, five elementary schools, one store-front site and one “on reserve” school (Hartley Bay, K-12). Our student population is approximately 2,000 students, 60% of which are aboriginal.
Our small community boasts an excellent recreation facility (ice arena, swimming pool and gymnasium), an 18-hole golf course, racquet centre, tennis court, museum and a 700-seat performing art centre.
School District No. 52 is an exhilarating place to work where new ideas and opportunities are embraced. School District No. 52 has often been described as “cutting edge” in terms of instruction and assessment practices and is well known for the forward thinking work of the Aboriginal Education and Support Services Department and their initiative and involvement in many projects.
School District No. 52 has the following opportunity:
TEACHER – FRENCH IMMERSION PRIMARY/ELEMENTARY/SECONDARY LEVEL
• A certificate of qualification issued under the Teachers Act
• Recent successful French Immersion teaching experience and/or training at the primary, intermediate and/or secondary level;
• Teaching specialization in French Immersion education;
• Demonstrated fluency in both English and French in both the receptive and expressive modes, oral and written;
• Willingness to be demonstrably supportive of immersion education;
• Recent and successful experience delivering educational programs in a French Immersion program;
• Demonstrated strong classroom management skills;
• Willingness to integrate appropriate technologies into educational programs;
• Willingness to work collaboratively toward improving student achievement by actively supporting the strategies and structures in the School Improvement Plan, the District (Aboriginal Education) Partnership Agreement, and the District Achievement Plan.
Note: Candidates may be asked to complete an oral or written French language screening to determine levels of language proficiency.
Inquiries: David Carter
Director, Human Resources
Phone: (250) 627-0773
Applications will be received by August 25, 2017:
Fax: (250) 624-6517