SUBJECT: JOB CODE: 2070829
MERRITT SECONDARY SCHOOL
1.0 FTE Continuing full-time French Immersion Humanities 8 to 12 and Français Langue
Seconde-Immersion 8 – 12 teaching position, beginning September 1, 2017.
- Mastery of the French language, both written and spoken.
- Training and experience working with grade level students.
- Experience with adapting materials, resources, assessments and learning outcomes for student needs.
- Valid BC Teaching Certificate and familiarity with BC Curriculum.
- Teaching category five or higher.
- A commitment to supporting a variety of learning needs.
- Experience/training in supporting the social emotional learning needs of students.
- Committed to establishing and maintaining positive relationships with students, staff and parents.
- Committed to working as a member of a school team in support of students.
The district has a high percentage of First Nations and other multicultural students and so being sensitive to cultural diversities would be an asset.
Interested applicants should apply on-line at www.makeafuture.ca/nicola-similkameen . Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Teachers interested in further information regarding this position should contact the Principal, Mr. Bruce Bidney at 250-315-1118 or email: email@example.com