School District No. 83 is presently seeking a
1.0 FTE ITINERANT ELEMENTARY COUNSELLOR TEACHER
This is a continuing appointment effective September 1, 2017.
The successful candidate will be part of the Student Services department with responsibility for collaborating with schools to support elementary schools students with behavioural challenges.
• Master’s Degree in Counselling (or in progress toward a degree with a supervised practicum);
• A senior level course and experience in Level B assessment;
• Valid BC teaching certificate and current membership in the Teacher Regulation Branch.
Teachers applying for this position must possess the following attributes:
• Knowledge of best practices of appropriate behavioural interventions and counselling;
• Working knowledge of identification procedures for Special Education categories;
• Valid driver’s license and functional vehicle;
• Previous successful experience as a School Counsellor desired;
• Demonstrated successful experience working with School Based Teams and community agencies;
• Demonstrated ability to work proactively with students and their families;
• Demonstrated successful counselling experience working with teachers, small groups of students and classes;
• Effectively consult with School Based Teams to support students with behavioural challenges;
• Ability to work with school based personnel to build school capacity for supporting behaviourally challenged students;
• Leading social skills and parenting groups as able;
• Acting as a liaison with school based personnel to develop Individual Behaviour Plans (IBP);
• Small group and one-to-one counseling as able;
• Facilitating documentation to meet the criteria for Special Education categories;
• Facilitating and presenting referrals to the District Screening Committee;
• Demonstrated experience collaborating with community based agencies;
• Proven ability to utilize information from “C” level assessments to support behavioural and program planning;
• Further duties to be determined in consultation with the Director of Instruction of Student Learning.
Letters of application with resume, supporting documentation and three professional references should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions regarding this position may be directed to Dianne Ballance – Director of Instruction – Student Learning at (250) 804-7828.
SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 83 – AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.