HARTLEY BAY SCHOOL
Note: Hartley Bay is 250 person community approximately 135 km south of Prince Rupert.
This picturesque boardwalk community is accessible only by float plane and boat.
Regularly scheduled float plane and foot passenger ferry service is available. The community enjoys a modern, well equipped, progressive school within the village.
1. Continuing full time (1.0 f.t.e.) effective September 1, 2017, initial assignment to middle/secondary level grades 7 – 12;
Necessary Qualifications include:
• Bachelor of Education (/middle/secondary) or the equivalent academic qualifications
• Readiness to teach across the grades (7-12) in all content areas; particularly Science/Math and English
• Ability and willingness to engage students in inquiry, problem solving, and real-life applications;
• Project Based Learning approach to teaching;
• Readiness to participate in outdoor education component of instruction;
• Readiness to adopt and participate in the school-wide approach to student engagement;
The following qualifications are generic and necessary to all teaching positions in School District #52 (Prince Rupert). Applicants must have:
• a certificate of qualification issued under the Teachers Act;
• a Bachelor of Education or equivalent;
• a thorough knowledge and understanding of local Aboriginal culture, history and communities;
• willingness to integrate appropriate Aboriginal content and resources into educational programs;
• excellent interpersonal skills;
• demonstrated strong classroom management skills;
• willingness to integrate appropriate technologies into educational programs;
• the demonstrated ability to work co-operatively with teaching and non-teaching staff and parents/guardians;
• be willing to work collaboratively on a team that is committed to the principles of a learner-focused education system;
• willingness to work collaboratively toward improving student achievement by actively supporting the strategies and structures in the School Improvement Plans, the District (Aboriginal Education) Partnership Agreement, and the District Framework for Enhancing Student Learning (formerly known as the Achievement Plan)
For more information, please contact David Carter, H.R. Director.
To apply for this position, please email email@example.com
or phone 250-627-0773.