Steps to Enrol
- Step1 – Make sure you understand your program requirements and verify my Academic Requirements in uoZone to enrol in all courses or activities you need to get your degree. Let us know if you notice that these requirements are not up to date.
- Step 2 – Learn about the Enrolment process.
- Step 3 – Enrol in your courses* by referring to the “How to enrol in a class” tutorial found in the Student Enrolment Guide, on the “Enrol" application page in uoZone.
- Step 4 – Once you finish enrolling, you will receive an email with instructions on how to activate and access your uOttawa email account. Make sure you consult it regularly as we will be contacting you via this account (@uOttawa.ca).
*If you are interested in a course for which all sections are complete, before you add your name check out the tips below.
Wait List Tips
- Even if you are the first on the list, you might not be the first to enrol. Enrolment depends on your program requirements. Read and understand them well.
- If you are unsure about your current course selection, you may want to use the SWAP function. Once a spot becomes available the swap will be done automatically and you will receive an email notification.
- If you are already enrolled in the maximum number of courses (4 courses per term) and you have not set up a swap you will not be automatically enrolled.
- You cannot put your name in the waiting list if you do not have the prerequisites for the course or if the spots are reserved for a specific program.
- Finally, check your account regularly and make sure you either swap courses or drop your name from the waiting list if you do not want to take the course anymore.
- For step-by-step instructions on how to place your name on a waitlist, please consult the Questions & Answers - Wait list feature tutorial, available on the Enrol application page.
Important dates and Course timetable
The University course timetable indicates the location and time for each course.
It is your responsibility as a graduate student to follow and respect the university's calendar. Check out all the important academic dates and deadlines.
Distance learning courses
Distance learning courses are offered in different modes: audio conference, online or hybrid. Learn more about how to access our distance courses online.
Please do not select 'Advanced Course search' to look up the list of off-campus and on-line courses. You will be able to visualize online courses if you look them up on the 'Basic course search' tab.
Selected topics for the Spring/Summer 2018
See our selected topics courses, featuring in-depth study of topics of current interest.