TEMPORARY 1.0 FTE CLASSROOM SUPPORT TEACHERS and FIRST CALL TTOCs REQUIRED RAY WATKINS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, and GOLD RIVER SECONDARY SCHOOL, Gold River, BC
Effective immediately until June 30, 2018, the successful applicant will provide classroom support for the elementary classrooms and will also be a first-call Teacher Teaching On Call, when required.
Teaching assignment may include, but may not be limited to:
- Kindergarten to Grade 7 Program Instruction and support (K-12 TTOC for Gold River Schools when required)
- Grade 8-12 Program Instruction and support (K-12 TTOC for Gold River Schools when required)
The successful candidate will:
- works with classroom teachers to provide support in a variety of situations, and is available as first call Teacher Teaching On Call to provide stability for students;
- provide a welcoming, safe, experiential, and stimulating learning environment appropriate to the learning needs of students;
- deal meaningfully with differentiated student learning styles and behaviour issues and demonstrate an ability to address individual student needs;
- be able to incorporate a wide range of effective classroom management strategies that maintain the dignity of students;
- possess an understanding of and an ability to assist in the development and execution of IEP’s and Behavioural Plans for a number of students;
- commit to supporting the District’s and school’s goal to improve student literacy,
- supervise Special Needs Education Assistants who may be assigned;
- communicate with parents and guardians as required; and,
- flexible and willing to teach all subjects K-12.
- BC Certified with the Teacher Regulation Branch, with qualifications and successful teaching experience at the elementary and/or secondary. Salary, Benefits and Allowances: -- Salary and a full benefits package is in accordance with the Provincial Collective Agreement between BCPSEA and BCTF (posted on www.sd84.bc.ca), together with a Recruitment and Retention annual Allowance of $2422, a Salary Indemnity Plan allowance of 2% of salary earned each month, an annual pro-d allowance of $1100, as well as a moving allowance for new hires to School District 84.
Inquiries can be directed to the School Principal at 250-283-2220 or 250-283-2538.
Interested applicants should submit a SD84 teacher application form, teaching credentials, and transcripts to: Ms. Annie James, Associate Director of Human Resources Vancouver Island West School District 84 Fax: 250-283-7352 E-Mail: email@example.com
The successful applicant may be required to complete short pre-employment courses related to health and safety. Information will be provided.