A continuing full-time (1.0) Learning Services Teacher is required by School District No. 6 (Rocky Mountain School District) effective immediately. The assignment will be at Eileen Madson Primary School in Invermere, BC. Eileen Madson (EMP) is a vibrant primary (K-3) school community in a beautiful setting. Staff at this school recognize the uniqueness of primary-aged children and respond to their individual differences and learning needs. A sense of community is maintained through shared responsibility, collaborative decision making, and communication and cooperation among students, parents, and all school personnel. Individual growth and professional development is nurtured, recognized, and celebrated. The Eileen Madson Primary School community strives to be safe, kind and responsible.
The Learning Services Teacher works collaboratively with administration, classroom teachers, parents, support staff, and agency and community partners. This teacher leader has responsibility for assessment of, and co-planning programming and supports for, exceptional student learning needs. Responsibilities also include shared responsibility for the scheduling and supervision of a number of support staff. This is a key role on a strong Learning Services Team.
Qualifications & Experience:
• hold or is eligible for a BC Teaching Certificate;
• have a Master’s degree in Special Education or significant coursework and related experience in Learning Services;
• have successful teaching experience at the appropriate school level and teaching subject area(s);
• have commitment to and capacity for collaboration to meet the needs of all students;
• have a strong repertoire of assessment and instructional practices and approaches to meet diverse learning needs;
• have demonstrated effective communication with students, colleagues and parents;
• have excellent interpersonal skills;
• have a knowledge of and a willingness to work with current technology.
For further information, please contact Mark Koebel, Principal, Eileen Madson Primary School, (250)342-9315.
Electronic applications required from all applicants. If you are qualified and interested in the above competition, please submit your electronic application including at least two references who have supervised you via Make a Future http://sd6-makeafuture.simplication.com
(Make A Future #1997939)