SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 52 (PRINCE RUPERT)
Posting 17-13 Job 1
Applications are invited for the following teaching positions in School District #52 (Prince Rupert).
ÉCOLE ROOSEVELT PARK COMMUNITY SCHOOL
1. Continuing, full time (1.0 f.t.e.) effective Sept 25, 2017 to June 30, 2018 initial assignment to Primary.
Necessary qualifications include:
• Bachelor of Education (elementary) or the equivalent academic qualifications;
• Recent successful teaching experience and/or training at the primary level;
• Willingness to participate in district-wide primary programs: POPS (Parents of Primary Students).
Generic Qualifications (All Vacancies)
The following qualifications are generic and necessary to all teaching positions in School District #52 (Prince Rupert). Applicants must have:
• a certificate of qualification issued under the Teachers Act;
• a Bachelor of Education or equivalent;
• a thorough knowledge and understanding of local Aboriginal culture, history and communities;
• willingness to integrate appropriate Aboriginal content and resources into educational programs;
• excellent interpersonal skills;
• demonstrated strong classroom management skills;
• willingness to integrate appropriate technologies into educational programs;
• the demonstrated ability to work co-operatively with teaching and non-teaching staff and parents/guardians;
• be willing to work collaboratively on a team that is committed to the principles of a learner-focused education system;
• willingness to work collaboratively toward improving student achievement by actively supporting the strategies and structures in the School Improvement Plans, the District (Aboriginal Education) Partnership Agreement, and the District Framework for Enhancing Student Learning (formerly known as the Achievement Plan)
THIS COMPETITION CLOSES AT 3:00 P.M. On October 6, 2017.
Fax: (250) 624-6517