The Part-Time Professor Award for Excellence recognizes the contribution of members of the Association of Part-Time Professors of the University of Ottawa (APTPUO) to university education.
Award recipients receive a commemorative plaque as well as a $1,500 cash prize. Each year, the name of the recipient is added to the Faculty’s permanently displayed commemorative plaque.
All members of the Association of Part-Time Professors of the University of Ottawa (APTPUO) who have been teaching at the Faculty of Education for the last two years are eligible for the award.
Candidates must be nominated by at least one professor from within the Faculty of Education and have their nomination supported by the chair or director of the candidate’s unit.
Nominations must be submitted to the Faculty’s Vice-Dean, Research, by email to vdre@uOttawa.ca on or before May 31 of each year.
NOMINATIONS MUST INCLUDE:
- An up-to-date CV
- A description of the nominee’s contribution to pedagogy, teaching excellence and participation in university life
- One or more letters of endorsement from students or colleagues (optional)
- A copy of course evaluations for the past two years
- A letter of support from the director of the nominee’s unit
Recipients are selected based on:
- Their contribution to pedagogy
- Their excellence in teaching
- Their participation in university life
The decision on the award recipient is determined by:
- An awards selection committee, chaired by the dean and composed of the members of the Faculty Teaching Personnel Committee (FTPC)
- A Faculty of Education awards selection committee, comprising:
- The dean or a vice-dean of the Faculty of Education
- Two Faculty of Education professors
- A tenured professor from another faculty of the University of Ottawa