Faculty of Education Resource Centre
Please note that the services of the Resource Centre are currently limited and physical access to the Centre or the collection, is restricted.
You can request a scan by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the following form (for documents that are not part of the FERC's collection):
The drop box is unaccessible at the moment, but you can use the outdoor drop box of the main library (MRT).
You can place a request for a physical resource by email at email@example.com or by using the catalog:
We wish to thank you for your understanding and patience during the pandemic.
Equipped for teaching and learning
The Faculty of Education Resource Centre offers resources and services aiming to support the students of the Faculty of Education in their studies.
The collections hosted by the Resource Centre include more than 45,000 titles related to the world of education. Multimedia and computer resources as well as various support services are accessible by students, employees and professors of the Faculty of Education. As part as the Resource Centre's users, Alumni and the whole University of Ottawa community may also use some of our services and resources.
The Resource Centre by the numbers
The Resource Centre has
- 150,000 visitors annually
- 110,000 transactions annually at the Circulation desk
- 120,000 transactions annually for the Centre's resources
- seating for more than 200 people
The primary aim of the Faculty of Education Resource Centre is to support the learning, teaching and research activities of the Faculty. To this end, the Resource Centre offers a range of teaching and learning resources and services, including technological, that meet the diverse needs of the community of students, professors and staff within the Faculty of Education.
The Resource Centre of the Faculty of Education at the University of Ottawa ensures that its activities and initiatives contribute significantly toward the objectives defined in the mission statement by:
- promoting the integration of technology and fostering digital literacy throughout its professional programs
Specifically, the Resource Centre will provide students of the Faculty of Education with:
- learning opportunities that encourage students to become familiar with new information technologies;
The Resource Centre will provide faculty members of the Faculty of Education with:
- learning opportunities to support the effective integration of information technologies in courses offered at all levels in the faculty;
- assistance in the development of instructional materials.
- Hours & location
- Multimedia and computer equipment (unavailable until further notice)
- Available software
- Resource Centre staff
- Online tutorials
- Current events and celebrations (NEW!)
- Notice of Collection of Personal Information
There are no results for this content list.