Faculty of Education Resource Centre
The FERC is open! Access to the collection and work spaces is no longer restricted. We are on site 5 days a week to help you find and borrow resources!
Visit us in person at 203 LMX or email email@example.com
Equipped for teaching and learning
The Faculty of Education Resource Centre offers resources and services aiming to support the students of the Faculty of Education in their studies.
The collections hosted by the Resource Centre include more than 45,000 titles related to the world of education. Multimedia and computer resources as well as various support services are accessible by students, employees and professors of the Faculty of Education. As part as the Resource Centre's users, Alumni and the whole University of Ottawa community may also use some of our services and resources.
The Resource Centre by the numbers
The Resource Centre has
- 150,000 visitors annually
- 110,000 transactions annually at the Circulation desk
- 120,000 transactions annually for the Centre's resources
- seating for more than 200 people
The primary aim of the Faculty of Education Resource Centre is to support the learning, teaching and research activities of the Faculty. To this end, the Resource Centre offers a range of teaching and learning resources and services, including technological, that meet the diverse needs of the community of students, professors and staff within the Faculty of Education.
The Resource Centre of the Faculty of Education at the University of Ottawa ensures that its activities and initiatives contribute significantly toward the objectives defined in the mission statement by:
- promoting the integration of technology and fostering digital literacy throughout its professional programs
Specifically, the Resource Centre will provide students of the Faculty of Education with:
- learning opportunities that encourage students to become familiar with new information technologies;
The Resource Centre will provide faculty members of the Faculty of Education with:
- learning opportunities to support the effective integration of information technologies in courses offered at all levels in the faculty;
- assistance in the development of instructional materials.
There are no results for this content list.