The Muslim Association of Canada (MAC) is a nationally incorporated charity with chapters in 13 cities across Canada. Abraar Secondary School is one of MAC projects, and it is ministry inspected private secondary school located in the west end of Ottawa. Abraar School is currently soliciting applications for the 2019 - 2020 school year in order to create a pool of applicants for potential openings. Preference will be given to those who are members of the Ontario College of Teachers.
- University Degree in Education (or a related field)
- Teaching qualification; priority for members of Ontario College of Teachers (Asset)
- Minimum of two years of teaching experience.
- Sound knowledge of Islamic faith and practice
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Strong research and teaching skills
- Interpersonal skills with an emphasis on compassion, patience and professionalism
- Ability to work within a team, with integrity, enthusiasm, initiative and confidence
- Starting salary range depends upon education and experience.
- Medical and dental benefits, personal time off, long term disability, and life insurance will be offered.
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately and will be closed once a suitable candidate is identified.
How to Apply:
If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to pursue, please email firstname.lastname@example.org Muslim Association of Canada is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, by contacting Human Resources at email@example.com, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.