At Trafalgar Castle School, our goal is to lay the foundation for your daughter’s future, and give her the tools to carve out her own destiny. We offer an unparalleled curriculum delivered in an atmosphere of support from her teachers and peers alike. Our castle is a place like no other – one that cultivates skills, ignites curiosity and brings your daughter into her own, whether she is an artist, an athlete, an intellectual, or a little of each. Capable and confident, our graduates are exceptional young women who know without question - their possibilities are endless.
Located just east of Toronto in Whitby, Ontario, Trafalgar Castle School provides a rich learning environment for academic and personal growth and development of young women. With a current enrolment of over 200 day and boarding students from Grades 5 to 12, our community offers a vibrant and diverse atmosphere.
Our school is a community – small, close-knit, supportive and spirited. Our teachers go above and beyond, wear many hats, and get to know every girl by name. They participate in a school-wide camp adventure every fall, don silly outfits on Spirit Days, and engage students in meaningful and authentic learning, both in and outside the classroom. Together, we work hard, support each other, and aren’t afraid to ask ourselves how we can do better. We may be small, but we’re definitely mighty!
We are currently seeking to fill the role of:
French Teacher – senior division
The successful candidate will teach a full course load in French in the senior division and will be expected to participate in co-curricular activities.
Qualified educators certified to teach senior level French are encouraged to apply.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Prepare course objectives, lesson plans and outlines for course of study according to an approved curriculum and Ministry guidelines.
• Teach students using a variety of methods including lectures, discussions, audio-visual presentations, and laboratory and field studies, while incorporating technology.
• Assign and verify homework.
• Prepare, administer and correct tests, projects and assignments.
• Track and report classroom attendance.
• Evaluate progress, determine individual needs of students and discuss results with parents and school officials.
• Prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra help.
• Organize, lead and/or supervise extra-curricular activities.
• Communicate regularly with students and parents.
• Participate in the Teacher-Advisory System.
• Collaborate and co-operate with other members of the faculty/staff.
• Ensure the confidentiality of student, employee and Trafalgar Castle School information at all times.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Has an understanding of educating in an all-girl environment and adolescents’ health and wellness needs
• Strengths in differentiated learning strategies with Special Education qualifications being an asset.
• Has proven leadership skills.
• Strengths in coaching athletics.
• Demonstrates organization and analytical skills.
• Superior oral and written communication skills, in both English and French.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking and decision making skills.
• Ability to work under tight pressures and reporting deadlines.
• Familiarity with Mac, Windows, and iPad computing, the Google Apps for Education suite, and Learning Management Systems.
• Has demonstrated successful technology integration in his/her own teaching career.
• Demonstrates an empathetic approach and patient demeanor.
• Demonstrates a positive, enthusiastic approach to learning and engagement.
• Ability to work independently, as well as, part of the Faculty Team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in French and Bachelor of Education.
• Educational qualifications to teach senior level French.
• Must be OCT registered.
• 3-5 years of teaching experience preferred
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to:
Peggy Watt, Human Resources Manager
Trafalgar Castle School
401 Reynolds Street, Whitby, ON L1N 3W9
Trafalgar Castle School thanks all interested candidates, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Trafalgar Castle School is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any stage during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources so that we may work with you to meet your needs. As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to submit a current original Vulnerable Sector Screening from the police jurisdiction in which they reside prior to commencing employment.