The North Okanagan-Shuswap School District is a widely dispersed district which includes the five major communities of Salmon Arm, Sicamous, Sorrento, Enderby, and Armstrong. The school district provides educational support for 5,900 K-12 students in twenty-two schools with a professional staff of more than 1,200 employees. The North Okanagan-Shuswap School District is committed to enhancing a positive work environment for staff and a dynamic and supportive educational experience for students.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
LRT services are school-based, non-categorical resource services designed to support classroom teachers and their students who have special education difficulties in learning and adjustment. LRT's provide a co-ordinated and integrated set of support services that include school-based consultation, collaborative planning and co-ordination with the school-based-team, and instruction. It also includes assessment and evaluation to Level B. LRT's help to organize, maintain, and integrate services in the schools and as part of the school-based team, provide a major link with support services available at the District level.
• Master’s degree or Diploma/Certificate in Special Education;
• valid BC teaching certificate and current membership in the Teacher Regulation Branch;
• qualifications and experience in Level B testing (Master’s psychometrics course).
Teachers applying for this position must possess the following attributes:
• evidence of excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution and communication skills in working with staff, students and parents;
• experience in IEP development;
• experience providing consultation to classroom teachers;
• ability to schedule and direct Certified Education Assistants and Education Support Worker(s);
• demonstrated experience in providing behavioural assessment;
• knowledge of current instructional practices and curriculum and familiarity with the renewed curriculum;
• demonstrated ability to work collegially and as part of the school based team;
• current knowledge of and interest in applications of computer technology;
• current knowledge of IEP Central;
• comfortable in working with students who struggle with grade level Math and Language Arts;
• successful recent experience working with students with special needs;
• committed to stimulating student interest and confidence in learning;
• excellent classroom management skills;
• successful classroom teaching experience;
• demonstrated ability to use a variety of current instructional strategies and assessment methods.
Letters of application with resume, supporting documentation and three professional references should be forwarded to email@example.com
Questions regarding this position may be directed to Dianne Ballance – Director of Instruction – Student Learning at (250) 804-7828.
SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 83 – AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.