School District No. 83 is presently seeking for Secondary Teachers with Mathematics and/or Science Expertise
Two assignments have yet to be filled with qualified applicants.
Full time effective January 8, 2018 to June 30, 2018 working in Salmon Arm, BC at the Salmon Arm Secondary School (Jackson Campus), teaching Math 9 and Workplace Math 10.
Full time effective January 8, 2018 to March 16, 2018 working in Armstrong, BC at Pleasant Valley Secondary School teaching Science 10, Math 9, 10 & 11 and Workplace Math 11.
Note at the expiry of this assignment, the teacher will be transferred into the Teacher Teaching On Call list and will most likely be working on a regular basis providing coverage to Math & Science Teachers at 4 different Secondary Schools.
• Bachelor of Arts or Education (Secondary emphasis preferred);
• Valid BC teaching certificate and current membership in the Teacher Regulation Branch. Teachers applying must possess the following attributes:
• Academic credentials and/or experience in Science and Math;
• A working knowledge of the current curriculum in Science and Math;
• Demonstrated successful experience teaching Science and Math at the junior and senior level;
• Commitment to fostering a collaborative and cooperative working environment;
• Committed to stimulating student interest and confidence in learning;
• Evidence of ability to motivate secondary students;
• Demonstrated use of a variety of instructional and assessment strategies including criterion referencing and formative assessment;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment with other staff members;
• Commitment to involving parents in the learning of their children.
THE PROCESS: Letters of application with resume, supporting documentation and three professional references should be forwarded to email@example.com.
Questions regarding this position may be directed to Nathalie Labrie, Human Resources Manager at (250) 804-7843 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 83 – AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.