The Ottawa-Carleton District School Board (OCDSB) is currently accepting applications for the Elementary Occasional Teacher list for teachers available to work as of September 3, 2019.
Job Posting Number on ApplytoEducation: 2638442
Please read the full posting prior to application.
If you are already an active member on our Elementary OT list, do not apply again. If you HAVE FSL qualifications or will be obtaining FSL qualifications by September 3, 2019 please apply to job posting # 2634778 instead of this posting. Please DO NOT apply to both postings as it is for the same list. The list is open to the following candidates:
- current OCDSB part-time secondary contract or occasional teachers who want to work as an elementary occasional teacher;
- external candidates (including OCDSB retirees) who are not currently employed as OCDSB elementary part-time contract or occasional teachers.
At the time of application, applicants must:
be in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers as of September 3, 2019 AND
- hold a minimum of two Basic Qualifications of either Primary, Junior or Intermediate On-Line
Portfolio: All applications are to be submitted through ApplytoEducation online. Follow the 5 steps below. Failure to complete this information may impact your eligibility for an interview.
1- Enter as much information as possible in your on-line portfolio as this will be used for the initial screening process (i.e. personal contact information, teachable subjects including those which you are formally qualified with the Ontario College of Teachers (OCT), language skills, teaching experience including start and end dates, education history).
2- Enter your OCT number in the Qualifications page of your Apply to Education (ATE) portfolio.
3- Upload your cover letter, additional documents, teaching qualifications/licenses, diplomas/certificates, practicum reports, teaching evaluations, reference letters, and transcripts, as well as a customized resumé, formatted with the headers below in the following order:
- Education & Professional Qualifications (include Basic Qualifications and Additional Qualifications)
- Teaching & Professional Work Experience (include experience as an Educational Assistant or Early Childhood Educator, Long-term occasional teaching assignments, contracts, practicums, Long-term occasional Evaluations)
- Professional Development & Training (include degrees, workshops such as IEP Writing, Differentiation, Assessment and Evaluation, and certifications such as Behaviour Management Systems and First aid, etc.)
- Community & Volunteer Experience (include relevant volunteer experience)
- Coaching/Extracurricular Experience (include extra-curricular, coaching, leadership, clubs, etc.)
4- Within your ATE portfolio:
a) Click on “Who Can View My Portfolio”
b) On the right of the OCDSB, click on “Edit Preferences”, and indicate “Yes” to the question “Do you wish to be considered for occasional teaching?”
5- Once you click “Apply”, you will see the job in your “Job Application Log” as confirmation that your application has been successfully submitted. If you wish, you will be able to further revise your uploaded customized resume/cover letter from within your Job Application Log until the posting closing date/time.
You must provide two (2) professional references who are available to be contacted by phone or e-mail. They must be able to attest to your teaching abilities in the classroom. List the following details in the reference section of your ATE portfolio: name, position, relationship to you (e.g. direct supervisor, associate teacher, peer, etc.), email address and phone number(s).
By providing us with your references, you are giving us consent to contact them at any time during this process.
Interview Date: Saturday, April 6, 2019 between the hours of 8:00 am – 1:30 pm. Please ensure you are available on this date to interview in person in Ottawa. Depending on the volume of applicants we will also have a date available on Tuesday, April 9, 2019, if applicable.
Interviews: If selected for an interview, you will receive an email including the interview date/time, location and process details. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Acknowledgement All applicants will receive an emailed acknowledgement confirming that the application has been received from ApplytoEducation once you have submitted your application. The Ottawa-Carleton District School Board is committed to equity for all students and staff and to delivering the highest quality education through a qualified workforce that reflects the diversity of the students and communities it serves. "Personal information is collected pursuant to the Education Act and will be used to determine the eligibility for employment with the OCDSB.
Questions about this collection should be directed to the Manager, Human Resources, 133 Greenbank Road, Nepean, Ontario K2H 6L3." Persons with disabilities who need accommodations in the application or interview process should submit their request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org