Location: Boys & Girls Club, 1463 Prince of Wales
Days: Wednesdays and / or Fridays
Time: 8:30 am to 12 noon
Commitment: Three months or more.
Description of Volunteer Role:
• Assist with the physical set up of room and any activities.
• Promote reading among participants
• Prepare snacks and clean up after preparation
• Assist with cleaning and putting away items after the sessions, including toys, dishes, floors, surfaces.
• Promote safety during the playgroup.
• Ability to work in a challenging environment
• Demonstrated genuine interest in children and children’s activities
• Good communication skills, ability to speak in English (other languages, such as Somali, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, an asset)
• Caring, patient and understanding of children and children’s needs
• Punctual, non-judgmental
• Sensitive to multicultural issues
• Sensitive to issues facing low-income population.
• Ability to maintain client confidentiality.
• Ability to obtain an appropriate Police Records Check.
For more information about this position, and to receive the application materials, please contact the Coordinator of Volunteers at 613-722-4000 or email@example.com