Capital Camps is a Day Camp run out of several facilities in Ottawa. We believe in the power of camp, and the influence that counsellors have on a young person’s life.
Positions available: Sports camp director, Arts camp director, Drama & Dance camp director Major
Duties for the role include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and preparing weekly activities that relate to the theme of the camp
- Teaching various disciplines that relate to the camp you have been hired for (sports, arts, dance & drama)
- Organizing daily warmup events
- Work as part of a team to deliver a safe, fun, creative environment for day camp participants each and every day
- Assist in the direct supervision and mentorship of camp counsellors
- Build positive relationships with participants, parents, guardians, co-workers
- Liaise & communicate with parents who have questions/concerns regarding the program and working with the Capital Camps supervisor to resolve any issues
Successful candidates will:
- Have experience participating in and/or teaching the discipline their camp focuses on (sports, arts or drama & dance)
- Be encouraging, spontaneous and creative
- Believe in the power of camp
- Hold current CPR/First Aid
- Be a registered member with the Ontario College of Teachers (asset) or currently enrolled in teachers college
- Have 3 + years of programming/childcare experience
- Strong knowledge of age-appropriate activities for children ages 4 to 12 years
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills with children & adults
Supervision and Reporting Structure: The camp director is responsible for supervising 3-5 camp counsellors. Each camp director reports to the Head Director/Owner.
Compensation: will commensurate with experience- range $700 - 900/weekly
Schedule of Work: June 24 – Aug 23.
Interested Candidates can send their Resume and Cover letter to Aaron Shaughnessy at email@example.com