*MUST have own transportation, there is no public transit to the park.
Team Leaders in our food service sector communicate the goals and objectives of the day to their assigned team of workers. They provide instruction and guidance to the team on how to complete tasks and activities in a safe, productive and efficient manner. Along with the departmental supervisor, the team leader is the direct support for their staff ensuring they have the tools and skills to achieve their goals.
- Resto Team Leaders should have some experience in food preparation & cooking in a fast-paced, very busy environment.
- The position is ideal for someone with good communication skills with both colleagues and the public.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
- Safe Food Handling Certificate
- Assist Supervisor in facilitating opening and closing procedures.
- Prime focus on quality and prompt service.
- Monitor portion control and product waste.
- Accountable for assigning staff required for work orders: i.e. birthday and BBQ requisitions.
- Combine daily food preparation schedule and sound judgment to effectively forecast food requirements each day.
- Coordinate food delivery to outlets throughout the park.
- Monitor food quality.
- Collaborate with supervisor for staffing and evaluation. Coordinate staff breaks and shift-end times.
- Monitor inventory needs and liaison with Shipping & Receiving.
- Be familiar with methods of use and maintenance of equipment and report malfunctions.
- Train staff on best practices for food preparation and safety.
- Work as part of the Internal Responsibility System in ensuring Calypso's health and safety policies are followed.