November 09, 2017 District Position Available Due to the uniqueness of this position, all SD72 continuing teachers may apply whether or not they have requested a transfer this year.
Please Note: There may be a possibility of combining with another part time position to increase FTE. 17-026 A temporary .6 FTE District Teacher-Librarian position is available with Instructional Support Services, effective September 05, 2017 to June 29, 2018.
School District 72’s District Teacher-Librarian supports and promotes the transformative nature of the library learning commons for robust, personalized and equitable learning for all. In the role of District Teacher-Librarian, the successful applicant will provide a significant collaborative leadership role. A key instructional specialist, the District Teacher-Librarian models and supports the development of 21st century literacies (including digital and information) and provides coaching and mentoring for wise and effective instructional and assessment practices. Responsibilities also include the development, evaluation and expansion of innovative district resources to support implementation of the re-designed curriculum and School District 72’s online library system.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
• A demonstrated collaborative approach to leadership;
• Exemplary teaching experience and instructional practice at all levels (K to 12);
• A commitment to sound assessment practices;
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
• A commitment to embracing change, innovation, and exploration;
• A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with teaching staff, school leaders, Teacher-Librarians, Educational Resource Centre staff, Aboriginal Education Department and Core Pro-D; to manage time and to be well organized; to support curriculum implementation; and, to adjust and adapt to changing circumstances.
Please ensure your application includes the following:
• Cover Letter Stating Posting Number
• Make a Future Online Application
• Teacher Evaluations or Practicum Reports
• References including most recent Supervisors
• Updated Resume
• University Transcripts
• Ministry of Education Teaching Certificate
• TQS Category Card
• Two (2) Letters of References *References must have knowledge of the applicant’s professional abilities; and, preferably have supervised their work.
**Placement on salary scale is subject to verification of experience and certification and will be done in accordance with the current Collective Agreement.
Interested candidates are invited to apply through Make a Future www.makeafuture.ca/campbell-river
In the event of challenges with the Make a Future website, candidates may contact Make a Future directly for assistance at 1-877-900-5627, ext. 224; or, 1-866-806-6851.
Alternatively, candidates may contact the Human Resources Department at SD72 at 250-830-2311; or, visit our office at 425 Pinecrest Road in Campbell River for assistance in creating a PDF of their application.
Applications will be accepted until the posting is filled.
Please address cover letter to: Nadine Duret-Sauer, Human Resources Officer
All candidates are thanked for their applications; however, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the Human Resources Department.