September to June:
- Prepares and delivers technology workshops to help youth and community build interest in engineering at the University of Ottawa.
- Ensures that initiatives project a positive image of the University to schools, communities and the general public.
July to August:
- Leads curriculum development and teaching for Faculty of Engineering Secondary School credited high school courses.
- Provides ongoing assessment of enrolled students and communicates with parents.
- Bachelor of education, preferably combined with postsecondary education in engineering, science or a related field
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Experience in teaching youth
- Ability to communicate technical concepts in a non-technical manner
- Ability to take on different responsibilities when necessary
- Ability to think critically and solve problems efficiently
- Ability to multitask and stay organized
- Availability to travel, participate in events outside regular working hours and work a flexible schedule Valid driver’s licence
- Bilingualism — English and French (spoken and written)
Application deadline: January 13
Details here: https://engineering.uottawa.ca/outreach-programs/jobs