Programs That Will Exceed Your Expectations
Are you wondering whether graduate studies are for you? Do you want to acquire practical and theoretical skills in a specific field ?
Shorter in length than a master's degree, the graduate diploma is tailored for professionals who want to advance their careers and expand their employment opportunities while getting a high level of specialisation.
Some of our diploma graduates pursue their studies in the master’s program, while others are employed in the government or private sector.
Only one option is currently offered to the health sector professionals in English only. Find out more below!
Health Professions Education
Are you passionate about health sciences and the medical field? Are you looking to give new life to your career or to take on new challenges? Would you like others to benefit from your knowledge and experience? Then why not consider our Health Professions Education concentration to confirm your expertise as a health sector practitioner or educator.
This concentration is jointly offered with the faculty of Medicine and provides the tools you need to truly become an education leader in the health professions
This program allows you to collaborate with health professionals to improve their teaching and assessment strategies, evaluate their educational programs, develop programs and conduct educational research in a wide range of health settings. Most of our students are trained health professionals (ex.: physician, nurse, occupational therapist) who wish to develop their teaching skills while encouraging health education researchers to develop innovative teaching programs in the field of health.
Course and Research Themes
- Cultural and individual differences in teaching and learning
- Curriculum design and product development
- Health professions teaching strategies
- Interprofessional education
- Learning assessment
- Principles of adult education
- Program evaluation
- Technology and education
- Support health professionals as they develop their educational expertise (e.g. pedagogy, evaluation of competencies).
- Deepen health professionals’ understanding of teaching, learning and related issues.
- Nurture the next generation of educational leaders in health care settings.
- Contribute to research in health professions education.
- Clinical Educator
- Health Educator
- Nurse Educator
- Prenatal Educator
- Health Programs Development Trainer
- Graduate Diploma
- Master of Education (MEd), coursework option / major-research option
- Master of Arts in Education (MA)
- Doctorate in Philosophy in Education (PhD)