Are you wondering whether graduate studies are for you? Do you want to acquire practical and theoretical skills in program evaluation or as a health professional?
Then the Graduate Diploma is right for you. It is tailored for professionals who want to advance their careers and expand their employment opportunities in a specific field of evaluation or health professions education.
Some of our diploma graduates pursue their studies in the master’s program, while others are employed in the government or in the private sector.
Health Professions Education
Are you passionate about health sciences and the medical field? Are you looking to give new life to your career or to take on new challenges? Would you like others to benefit from your knowledge and experience? Then why not consider our Health Professions Education concentration to confirm your expertise as a health sector practitioner or educator.
This concentration is jointly offered by the faculties of Medicine and Health Sciences, and provides the tools you need to truly become an education leader in the health professions
This program allows you to collaborate with health professionals to improve their teaching and assessment strategies, evaluate their educational programs, develop programs and conduct educational research in a wide range of health settings. Most of our students are trained health professionals (ex.: physician, nurse, occupational therapist) who wish to develop their teaching skills while encouraging health education researchers to develop innovative teaching programs in the field of health.
Course and Research Themes
- Cultural and individual differences in teaching and learning
- Curriculum design and product development
- Health professions teaching strategies
- Interprofessional education
- Learning assessment
- Principles of adult education
- Program evaluation
- Technology and education
- Support health professionals as they develop their educational expertise (e.g. pedagogy, evaluation of competencies).
- Deepen health professionals’ understanding of teaching, learning and related issues.
- Nurture the next generation of educational leaders in health care settings.
- Contribute to research in health professions education.
- Clinical Educator
- Health Educator
- Nurse Educator
- Prenatal Educator
- Health Programs Development Trainer
This program uses a social sciences methodology to prepare you for a career in evaluation.
By acquiring the skills to conduct high quality program evaluations, you will be able to guide the development and evolution of programs, organizations and public policy and overall advise programs to better use their resources.
You will learn to monitor and review current practices, to collect and review results of statistical data, to compare outcomes, to conduct surveys, etc.
The employment rate for program evaluators in the government and private sectors is on the rise.
- Curriculum design in school or private sector
- Evaluation officer or analyst
- Program developer
- Program evaluator