Studies in Teaching and Learning
How do people learn? How do people teach? How are teaching and learning related? This concentration offers you the opportunity to explore these questions by engaging with current research and scholarship as it applies to teaching and learning processes from early childhood to adulthood.
You can study learning and teaching processes across the curriculum in a range of contexts, such as classrooms, informal settings, professional organizations and the workplace.
Course and Research Themes
- Adult education
- Educational technologies
- Inclusive education
- Professional learning and professional development
- Theories of learning and teaching
- Career counsellor
- Program evaluator
- Curriculum designer
- Online learning specialist
- School principal (BEd required)
- College or university professor
This concentration is offered within the following degree options:
- Master of Education (MEd), coursework option
- Master of Education (MEd), major research paper option
Since May 2021, this concentration is no longer offered for the Master of arts in Education (M.A.) and for the Doctorate in Philosophy in Education (PhD). If you want to apply in one of these programs, you will be following the proposed general path.
- Master of Education (MEd), coursework option / major-research option
- Master of Education (MEd) Online, coursework option
- Master of Arts in Education (MA) (proposed course sequence)
- Doctorate in Philosophy in Education (PhD) (proposed course sequence)