The University of Ottawa Education Review is a semi-annual thematic publication online from the Faculty of Education. Articles are peer-reviewed. In January 2011, the Vice-Dean Research David Smith put in place the first issue of the review. The review is published twice a year, in the spring and fall.
Consult the Education Review editions
- Winter 2020 (PDF)
- Fall 2019 (PDF)
- Winter 2019 (PDF)
- Spring 2018 (PDF)
- Fall 2017 (PDF)
- Spring 2016 (PDF)
- Fall 2015 (PDF)
- Fall 2015 (Students) (PDF)
- Spring 2015: (PDF)
- Fall 2013: (PDF)
- Spring 2013: (PDF)
- Fall 2012: (PDF)
- Spring 2012: (PDF)
- Fall 2011: (PDF)
- Spring 2011: (PDF)
Submission to Education Review
- An issue will comprise five (5) to eight (8) articles and not exceed 5000 words per article in length (quotations, tables, notes and references are not included in the total).
- The articles will be published in the language it was written. Nevertheless, the introduction to the issue and the abstract will be written in both official languages.
The guest editors will be responsible for soliciting manuscripts that correspond with a selected theme for the issue, organizing the peer-reviewed process, and editing the manuscripts. Guest editors will submit final versions of the manuscripts to the Vice-Dean for final review and approval.
Proposals will be judged on their quality, relevance, and potential appeal to the target audience. The issue should include:
- title and description of the proposed theme for the issue;
- names of guest editor(s) and potential contributors, along with their institutional affiliations;
- provisional titles of possible articles for the issue;
- a description of the peer-review process and the names of individuals who will participate in the process, along with their institutional affiliations;
- a timeline for the compilation, review, and editing of manuscripts and final submission date to the editorial committee comprising one regular francophone professor and one regular anglophone professor.
General instructions: Presentation of articles
- Articles have to be submitted in doc. or rtf. , formats, single spaced in 12 point type.
- Each text should be accompanied by a brief biography of the authors (80 words per author and their contact email).
- Each article should also be accompanied by a professional portrait of the principal author.
- Each text should be accompanied by a photo illustrating the theme of the text and a legend. If ever people are reproduced in the photo, authorization of their names must be obtained before the publication.
- An abstract (of no more than 200 words should summarize the purpose of the study, the procedures employed, the results obtained, and the conclusions reached. A list of keywords should also be included after the abstract. In the final presentation the abstract will be inserted between the title and the beginning of the text.
Ensuring a Blind Peer Review
To ensure the integrity of the blind peer-review for submission to this journal, every effort should be made to prevent the identities of the authors and reviewers from being known to each other.
Please adhere to the 6th edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA). English spelling follows the most recent edition of the Canadian Oxford Dictionary.