Would you like to get a taste of life as a graduate student? Do you wish to take a course or two but not commit to a program? Why not enrol as a special student?
The Special Student status applies to candidates who do not intend to complete a graduate degree but who wish to pursue certain postgraduate courses without being subject to the requirements of a particular program; either for credit or as auditors. As a special student, you must follow the same regulations as regular students.
Enrolment Process and Required Documents
An agent analyzes your complete file and check for course availability. Here are the documents you need to submit to the Secretariat, Graduate Studies, in person to Lamoureux Hall, room 143, or by email:
- If you satisfy all the eligibility criteria, the agent will proceed to enrolment and will send you a confirmation email.
- Once enrolled, you must pay your tuition fees during the next 24 hours.
- To take courses with this status, the professor cannot enrol you, so you must get approval from the secretariat.
- Enrollment is limited to 2 courses (6 units) only and must be part-time.
- Unless otherwise stated, Counselling Psychology courses are not available to special students.
- Consult the date specified in the Important academic dates and deadlines and the Course Timetable. You will be able to enrol and make modifications to your enrolment until the last day to enrol.
- If you apply for admission, the Admissions Committee will evaluate your admission file after the reception of your complete application for admission. If you are admitted to one of our programs, a maximum of 6 units successfully completed as a special student could be retained in your new program of study but the final decision is in the hands of the Committee. Taking courses as a special student does not guarantee admission to our programs.
- Auditors do not complete assignments or write examinations but are subject to the course’s participation and attendance requirements.