Nestled in the recreation-rich Sea to Sky corridor our school district serves a population of 4,800 students. We are honored to be learning within a number of culturally vibrant communities, encompassing Squamish, Whistler, D’Arcy, Pemberton, and on the traditional territories of the Sḵwx̱wú7mesh, Úxwumixw and St’át’yemc Nation. Sea to Sky country is filled with beautiful scenery, endless outdoor opportunities and incredibly welcoming people. The corridor is made up of robust communities with big futures offering a range of economic diversity from knowledge based enterprises to resort/tourism focused municipalities.
SD48 (Sea to Sky) is home to a stable population of students with projections for growth. We are seeking a high performing professional with demonstrated success combining their passion for education with an administrative acumen.
Reporting to the Director of Instruction: Technology and Innovation, the District Principal is a member of the Education Leadership team.
As the District Principal: Technology your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, oversight of:
-Leading and maintaining the district technology plan and aligning the plan with the Board of Education’s strategic plan and education plan;
- Distance Learning programs and acting as the distance learning principal for the district;
- All district technology applications, including K-12 education and business services;
- All District career and life programs, including trade and dual credit programs;
- All aspects of the district website;
- Leading the district technology team;
- Supporting effective budget and resource planning; and, Other portfolios as assigned
Additionally, the District Principal will also support the Director of Instruction: Technology and Innovation with carrying out the requirements of the School Act, Regulations and Ministerial Orders, as well as the policies and objectives of the Board of Education.
- Masters Degree in a related area;
- Valid B.C. Teaching Certificate;
- Successful K-12 school based administrative experience related to the portfolio initiatives noted above;
- Direct experience and demonstrated success in educational programs and teaching; practices that support student learning the application of technology;
- Proven experience and success in developing, managing and sustaining innovative systems that support K-12 education and business services;
- Excellent writing, verbal and non-verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate and present information to a broad audience;
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills;
- Experience with budgeting and planning.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and supporting certification documents, together with three professional references, by applying to www.makeafuture.ca/sea-to-sky no later than 4:30 pm on December 31, 2017. Please note only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.