FRENCH IMMERSION TEACHING POSITIONS
Full-time, Part-time, and TTOC Opportunities
The West Vancouver School District currently has a variety of French Immersion teaching opportunities and is looking for teachers to start as soon as possible.
Candidates should possess the following qualifications and attributes:
• A sound pedagogy in French Immersion education;
• Native-like fluency in spoken and written French;
• Proven ability to work co-operatively and effectively with other educators in a collegial team setting;
• Understanding of the New Transformative BC Curriculum, in particular the Big Ideas and Core Competencies;
• Ability to integrate technology authentically into the curriculum to enhance the teaching and learning of French;
• Excellent communication skills with students, staff and parents;
• Ability to meet the needs of a diverse group of learners through a broad array of teaching strategies (e.g., English Language Learners and students with a variety of needs);
• Solid understanding and proven experience implementing self-regulation strategies to support all learners;
• Model passion for second language instruction.
Why West Vancouver Schools?
• West Vancouver Schools has a long-held reputation for excellence and innovation
• Join a team that aspires to provide the finest educational experience in the country
• Employee growth takes high priority
• Various professional development opportunities
• Comprehensive extended health and dental plan
• Overall employee wellness initiatives
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all interested applicants; however, only short listed candidates will be contacted