1.0 continuing Late Entry French Immersion teacher
Description & Requirements
The South Okanagan offers a picturesque rural setting where we enjoy moderate short winters and hot, sunny summers, Our area boasts strong community spirit, an active arts community, and varied indoor and outdoor recreation activities. Itt s the best of two worlds, quiet rural community with varied activities and living in close proximity to larger cities in the Okanagan with easy highway access to the Lower Mainland, Come to the Okanagan Similkameen and see where your career takes you!
SCHOOL: Tuc-eI-Nuit Elementary School
POSTING: #01 - 2019/20 REPOST
POSITION: Intermediate French Immersion Teacher
APPOINTMENT: 1.0 FTE Continuing
START DATE: September 1, 2019
- recognized degree in elementary education;
- recent successful classroom experience teaching French immersion at the intermediate level;
- ability to model, teach and foster social t emotional and cultural awareness;
- knowledge of current 21st century pedagogy and assessment practices;
- demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment and contribute to the professional community at the school and district level;
- effective communication, interpersonal, organizational and classroom management skills;
- ability to integrate technologies and digital citizenship into educational programs; and
- BC Professional Teaching Certificate and current eligibility for Teacher Qualification Service card.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: On-going until a suitable candidate is hired.
For further information please contact the principal at (250) 498-3415.
Please review and follow Application Guidelines on our website: http://www.sd53.bc.ca/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=1060710&type=d&pREC_ID=1356359
Priority 1: Re-engagement (placement) of teachers whose current status is layoff, Re-engagement may occur any time during staffing (before, during, or after the posting process).