1. Coordination and Preparation (55%)
- Develop weekly Sunday School lesson plans based upon the Revised Common Lectionary, selecting Bible stories, associated crafts, songs and prayers
- Coordinate parent/student volunteers to assist at Sunday School/Nursery;
- Ensure adequate supervision of the Nursery, including hiring youth staff, if required
- Seasonal decoration of Sunday School room
- Prepare seasonal activity packages for children who wish to remain in the church with their families
2. Teaching (45%)
- Teach Sunday School, including leading prayers, songs, reading Bible stories, leading the children in creating crafts to reinforce themes from the weekly lectionary readings.
- Undergraduate degree in Education, or a diploma in Early Childhood Education, or certification in related disciplines;
- Six months recent experience in teaching or leading a children’s classroom or activity;
- Knowledge of the Anglican Church of Canada and sympathy with its values;
- Successful completion of a criminal record check.
- “Godly Play” training
Applications with a resume may be sent by no later than June 12, 2019, to Josephine Hall, Cathedral Administrator, at email@example.com or 414 Sparks Street, Ottawa ON, KIR OB2.
While all expressions of interest will be gratefully received, only individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted. The Cathedral reserves the right to contact individuals and to arrange for interviews at any time.