Teaching assignment may include, but may not be limited to:
- Primary and/or Intermediate Program Instruction
The successful candidate will:
- have an exemplary work ethic, good communication skills and a proven ability to work as an effective team member to ensure success in this setting;
- provide a welcoming, safe, experiential and stimulating learning environment appropriate to the learning needs of elementary students;
- commit to the District’s and school’s goals to improve the success of First Nations students;
- be familiar and comfortable with adapting and modifying materials where necessary;
- deal meaningfully with differentiated student learning styles and behaviour issues and demonstrate an ability to address individual student needs;
- provide a hands-on, active classroom experience for student learning, including computer-assisted learning;
- understand and apply the BC Performances Standards;
- be able to incorporate a wide range of effective classroom management strategies that maintain the dignity of students;
- possess an understanding of and an ability to assist in the development and execution of IEP’s and Behavioural Plans for a number of students;
- commit to supporting the District’s and school’s goal to improve student literacy, and be familiar with and knowledgeable about current literacy practices, including reading intervention strategies, assessment and evaluation techniques, best practices, and curriculum surrounding literacy;
- demonstrate skills and commitment to building rapport with students;
- supervise Special Needs Teacher Assistants who may be assigned;
- possess successful classroom management skills;
- communicate with parents and guardians;
- be willing and flexible to teach other subjects.
- BC Certified with qualifications and experience at the elementary level;
- Successful experience in supporting individual student learning in a multi-grade classroom is preferred.
Inquiries can be directed to the Principal, Zeballos School, at 250-761-4227.
Interested applicants should submit an application, letter, resume, references, and teaching credentials to:
Annie McDowell, Associate Director of Human Resources
Vancouver Island West School District 84
E-Mail: email@example.com www.sd84.bc.ca
The successful applicant will be required to complete on-line WHMIS and harassment awareness training
prior to the commencement of employment. Information will be provided.